The Ultimate Guide to Traveling in Egypt" by Ramasside Travel
Egypt is a predominantly Muslim country, and it is essential to respect the local customs and traditions. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Dress modestly: It is important to dress modestly, particularly in religious sites. Women should cover their heads and wear long-sleeved tops, and men should wear long pants.
- Remove shoes: When entering a mosque or someone's home, it is customary to remove your shoes.
- Use your right hand: The left hand is considered unclean, and it is customary to use your right hand for eating, shaking hands, and exchanging money.
- Respect Ramadan: During the month of Ramadan, it is customary to fast from sunrise to sunset, and many restaurants and shops may be closed during the day.
Egypt is home to some of the world's most iconic landmarks and historic sites. Here are some of the must-see sights:
- The Pyramids of Giza: The Pyramids of Giza are perhaps the most iconic symbol of Egypt. Visitors can explore the pyramids and learn about their history at the adjacent Sphinx and the Pyramids of Saqqara.
- The Egyptian Museum: The Egyptian Museum in Cairo is home to an extensive collection of artifacts and treasures from ancient Egypt, including the famous Tutankhamun exhibit.
- Luxor: Luxor is home to some of Egypt's most impressive temples and ancient ruins, including the Karnak Temple Complex and the Valley of the Kings.
- Abu Simbel: Abu Simbel is an impressive temple complex in southern Egypt that was built by Pharaoh Ramses II. The complex is known for its impressive statues and intricate carvings.
- Aswan: Aswan is a bustling city in southern Egypt that is known for its picturesque Nile River views and impressive Nubian culture.
Egypt is a large country, and there are several ways to get around. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Taxis: Taxis are widely available in Egypt, and they are relatively inexpensive. It is important to agree on a price before starting the journey.
- Trains: Egypt has an extensive train network that connects the major cities. First-class tickets offer a comfortable and affordable option for longer journeys.
- Buses: Buses are a popular option for shorter journeys, particularly within cities. They are usually crowded but very affordable.
- Nile cruises: Nile cruises are a popular way to explore the ancient sites along the Nile River. There are several cruise options available, ranging from luxury to budget-friendly.
Egypt has a wide range of accommodation options, ranging from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels. Here are some popular options:
- Hotels: Cairo and the major tourist destinations have a range of hotels to suit every budget. From luxury five-star hotels to budget-friendly options, there is something for everyone.
- Hostels: Hostels are a popular option for budget-conscious travelers, particularly in Cairo and other major cities.
- Airbnb: Airbnb is a great option for those looking for a more authentic travel experience. There are many unique and affordable options available throughout the country.
In conclusion, Egypt is a fascinating country with a rich history and culture. By following these tips and guidelines, you can ensure that your trip to Egypt is safe, enjoyable, and unforgettable